[MWC16] Gionee S8 with Android M and other fully loaded features, announced
Here comes another fully loaded mobile from Gionee. The Gionee S8 is arguably narrower than other mobiles in the market. It has a 7.5 Cm wide body and also a slim profile. The S8 features a “Loop” antenna which runs all around the full metal body.
I call this a fully loaded mobile, because it has
- AMOLED screen with full HD resolution
- 16 MP camera with f/1.8 lens aperture
- 4 GB or RAM and 64 GB of onboard storage
- 3000 mAh battery with fast charging capability
- Finger print scanner
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
- 4G LTE and VoLTE support
Here are the technical specifications of the Gionee S8
- Dimensions – 154.3 x 74.9 x 7 mm
- Weight – 147.2 gm
- Operating System – Amigo OS 3.2 on Android 6.0
- Primary Camera – 16 MP Sensor with LED Flash and f/1.8 aperture lens
- Secondary Camera – 8 MP
- Processor – Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 clocked at 1.9 GHz with Mali-T860MP2 GPU
- Display – 5.5 -inch AMOLED with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Battery – 3000 mAh lithium ion battery
The Gionee S8 is priced at around 500$ (~Rs 35000). Gionee mobiles are known to be pricey and this one is no exception. But this one pack an extra punch with its fully loaded features and tries to justify the price tag. Gionee has worked with WhatsApp to bring dual WhatApp account in the S8. You can have 2 WhatApp account in one mobile. Though Gionee says that its the first mobile with this feature, I have used it feature on all Lenovo Mobiles since A6000. Installing WhatApp accounts, one in open zone and one in secure zone does the trick. Also Gionee is bringing iPhone like 3D touch in the S8.
Gionee has also re-branded its brand identity. The new logo is fresh and carries a lot of significance within the design. It looks like a smiley face and the new tag line is “Make Smiles’. The smiley Gionee logo combines the letters I and J to form G, which means Gionee and “I am Joyful’.