I like animated movies and who doesn’t. Everyone likes to watch a light storyline combined with lively cast, neat animation and intelligent filming. Open Season was one such movie. It was about a domesticated Grizzly bear that is de-domesticated one fine day and his voyage to find friends and a life in the wild. Open Season 2’s storyline has nothing to do with the first part. Its fresh, new and exciting.
Well, now our bear Boog is back in the wild and having a good time with Elliot and other wild animals. Elliot has fallen in love with Gizzlle and they are about to get married. Just before the marriage, Mr Wheeny, another de-domesticated dog gets lost and is found by his owners. Elliot, breaks the marriage and runs to get Mr Wheeny. Joined by Boog, Gizelle and the rest of the gang, they set on a trip to seek and rescue Mr Tweeny.
I expected the movie to be an average one with occasional humours. But I was surprised and I enjoyed the whole movie. Just the starting few minutes was tough to sit on, but once the movie starts rolling, it becomes intersting. The animation is not a 3rd generation out of the box stuff. But it does the job for you, and that is all that matters. The voice casting was brilliant. Funny lines, figurative speech and excellant timing does good to Open Season 2.
gAdvice : Watch it and you will not regret
gRate : 2.5/5
The guys at Google are on constant roll. They are always innovating something or the other. Now their Maps application for Symbian and Windows mobile has got a drastic upgradation. Earlier iPhone, Android and Blackberry were the lucky ones to have Streetview. Now its in Symbian as well. As you search for a place or directions in the map, you can switch to streetview to get a real life feel of the street and navigate along. Before visiting any area, you can just check how the place looks like. But this service is not yet available forIndia and many other countries. But soon Google will be photographing our streets and bring streetview worldwide. This application is quite data intensive. So with the weak GPRS connection and absence of 3G service, Streetview will not be missed in India for a while. I just experience it via my WiFi at home just for fun. But the actual potential will be realized when there is a high speed connection at the streets. Point your mobile browser to google.com/gmm and get it.
Here are some screenshots from my N95 8Gig’s Google Streetview Maps.
Continue reading “Google maps for Mobiles gets Street View”
The new Rahman sensation “Slumdog Millionaire” OST is just awesome. The movie is loved by the critiques world wide. The music is grammy nominated. Though I loved most of the song the first time I listend to it, Liquid Dance and Paper Planes are my favourites.
13 tracks in playlist, average track length: 3:57
Playlist length: 51 minutes 22 seconds
1. Slumdog Millionaire – O…Saya (3:35)
2. Slumdog Millionaire – Riots (2:01)
3. Slumdog Millionaire – Mausam & Escape (3:54)
4. Slumdog Millionaire – Paper Planes (3:25) by MIA Click to stream Sample
5. Slumdog Millionaire – Paper Planes (DFA Remix) by MIA (5:51)
6. Slumdog Millionaire – Ringa Ringa (4:17)
7. Slumdog Millionaire – Liquid Dance (3:00) Click to stream Sample
8. Slumdog Millionaire – Latika’s Theme (3:11)
9. Slumdog Millionaire – Aaj Ki Raat by Shankar Ehsan Loy (6:09)
10. Slumdog Millionaire – Millionaire (2:46)
11. Slumdog Millionaire – Gangsta Blues (3:44)
12. Slumdog Millionaire – Dreams On Fire (4:10)
13. Slumdog Millionaire – Jai Ho (5:19)
This is the first of the New Fitness series I intend to feature in my blog. These are intended to be motivational posts intended to keep me going.
I stumbled on this video. The artist seems to be a professional perfectionist. Watch his body posture and perfect moves.
I was excited about WordPress 2.7 from the day I heard about it. Got myself involved in testing nightly builds and user testing. But I didn’t update my prime blog with the release canditate until I heard from other users that it was stable. WordPress 2.7 was available to wordpress.com users a couple of weeks ago but not to the self-hosted wp users until about a few hours ago. The twitter SMS from wordpress made me jump to sky and I immediately got the final version of the WordPress 2.7 coltrane and instantly update my blog. Heard its been breaking a few old themes. But I have no such issues with any of my favorite themes.
- The dockable side menu is really cool. It could give a lot of space for the writing space.
- Highly ajaxified fluid dashboard.
- The dashboard can be chosen to have either 2 column or 1 column layout. I prefer 2 column layout.
- The “Right now” box in the dashboard
- Auto suggestive tags have been combined with “Choose from the most popular tags”
- Auto blog and pluggins update is cool and I can help get rid of the FTP hassles.
- Recent Drafts box is very useful.
- Reply to comments from the dashboard is also a nice feature.
- Bulk edit of blog posts is one option which I have had in my wishlist from the day I started blogging.
- Love the Sticky post feature just like in forums.
- The built-in help content can come handy.
Don’t Like @wp2.7
- The tree view menu structure is a slick upgrade. But there is no way to find if a menu item has child items unless you click on it. There could have been a icon to indicate this.
- Activating a theme without previewing is not available. This could have been very helpful for slow network connections.
- “Quickpress” is cool, but not able to categorize the post from there. Again you have to go to the main edit page to put the post in a category.
- Blog stats could have been improvised with additional features.
- Find the overall performance a bit slower than the previous stable release.
- The icons are a bit dull and so is the overall color palette. There could have been an option to customize the look and feel of the dashboard.