Unboxing the RedMI 1S – in 6 seconds
The RedMI 1S is an amazing value for money mobile that is all set to be available from Flipkart from September 2nd. Check out the specifications of the RedMI compared to other mobiles in the same range. I got my hands on it a wee bit earlier, so I could tell the world about this device. Look out for my detailed review and until that here are my first impressions…
- The RedMI 1S build quality is really good.
- The UI (MIUI V5) gives an awesome user experience and loads of customization options.
- The device supports dual Mini SIM, however only SIM 1 allows 3G connection.
- The 8 MP camera is a real charm. Video recording at 1080p produces some really crisp results.
- Loud speaker is really loud, but at times it sounds like the sound is channeled from a funnel.
- Gaming is pretty smooth and it handles graphics excellently.
- There is no advanced SIM management options in the mobile. It would have been good, if there were options to choose default SIM for calls, sms, data, etc…
- There is no way to change the default memory location of pictures from camera to the SD card.
- Battery drains in a day under normal usage conditions.
- The auto brightness features, supported by the ambient light sensor is haphazard and unpredictable at times.
Actually I must not be complaining at all. At Rs 5999, you won’t get a better device than the RedMI 1S. Watch out for the detailed review, coming up soon.