I am a die hard SRK fan and would watch anything from advertisement to movies featuring SRK. When SRK came into the KBC arena, there could be none happier than me. I was so excited that I could watch my demi-god everyday. When he was done with KBC, I eagerly awaited his next TV venture, Kya Aap Pachvi pass se tez hai? This was supposed to be a adaptation of Are you smarter than a fifth grader? I haven’t watched much of the english version, but have watched a few of its episodes from youtube and my expectations grew on the Indian version. Expected to have fun watching it… but was totally disappointed… why?
- The 5 filmi kids are highly artificial. Real life (non-silicon) kids from different schools for each episode would have been more interesting.
- I don’t believe that these kids knew the answers by themselves. These kids have spent most of their time before the arc lights and would have never gone to school. I don’t even believe that they can get their alphabets right unless dictated by a director.
- Why do these kids squeel when the contestants select them or a section? Totally irritating.
- The questions asked are not genuinely 5th grade questions. Some of them are from IAS/IPS GK chapters.
- SRK is awesome but he carries himself like he did in KBC. Expect a few variations for this kind of show.
- Then there is these contestants who are not very enthusiastic but always nervous to stand near SRK.
- Every now and then, mention of sponsors like compaq, airtel… clearly shows the money making interests. Ofcourse thats the ultimatum, but need not be so obvious.
Shahruk ji just wind up this season of panchvi pass and lets go back to the movies and rule the bollywood. Do what you do best. Leave out small screen for some chotta motta wannabe star. Probably the true cabability of the show would come out then.